|As we all do our part through social distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19, we want to organize ways for our youth to stay connected to each other and Oregon Youth Soccer until we’re able to get back out onto the pitch again.
We’d like to introduce Oregon Youth Soccer’s first eSports tournament! Two EA SPORTS FIFA 20 tournaments will be held, one on PlayStation 4 and one on Xbox One.
Tournament registration is open immediately to all currently registered OYSA players and closes on Sunday, April 5th. There is a registration maximum of 64 players per tournament – we expect registration to fill up fast!
The single-elimination tournament begins on Monday, April 6th and will consist of one round per day, culminating with the finals onSaturday, April 11th. If we do not hit the registration maximums, the tournament schedule may be condensed.
There is no entry fee, and the registration process is simple. As this is our first eSports tournament, please have patience with us throughout the process and give us as much feedback as possible so we can improve going forward. To register, click the Battlefy tournament link for your console (PS4 or Xbox One).
The champion for each console’s bracket will receive a receive a $25 American Express gift card. Check out the rules below, and if you have any questions or believe something has been left out, please email Eric Bocan, OYSA Manager of Leagues & Tournaments: email@example.com
PS4 Xbox One
- Competitors must add each other as a friend on PSN/Xbox Live.
- You must play your opponent through the Online Friendlies Mode, NOT FIFA Ultimate Team. Guest players are not allowed.
- To do this go to Online -> Online Friendlies
- First player listed is in charge of starting the match, opponent should verify the settings.
- All games will use these Online Friendlies settings:
- Half Length: 6 Minutes
- Controls: Any
- Game Speed: Normal
- Squad Type: Online
Players must check-in on Battlefy prior to their match start time, for each match. The check-in window opens 30 minutes before your match start time. Failure to check-in before the match start time will result in the match being forfeit.
- We recommend recording your matches by pressing “Share” at the beginning of each match.
- Players are responsible to kickoff their match no more than 7 minutes after their match start time. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
- If the match results in a draw, players will start a new match, representing extra time. In the new match, the first player to score wins (this is not a FIFA 20 setting. When a player scores in the new match, just take a picture of the score for reporting and then end the game).
- Winners are responsible for reporting their match results. A screenshot of photo MUST be uploaded to Battlefy. Failure by the winner to report the score will result in a match forfeit.
- If a player fails to play his/her scheduled match, this will result in an automatic forfeit.
- Rescheduling your match will not be allowed.
- Appropriate and friendly behavior is expected by all players. Foul and/or abusive language will not be tolerated.
- As with all online games, you may experience a poor internet connection/lag – complete the match, regardless of this.
- Tampering with your internet connection to have an advantage in your match will result in a warning or disqualification.
- If a player quits, exits or disconnects from a match regardless of the situation, it is the responsibility of the player from the opposite team to notify the admins, who will help resolve the situation.
- Submitting your scores before the start of your match is not allowed. Doing so will result in a match forfeit.
- Cheating is NOT allowed nor is submitting a false match score. Doing so will result in a match forfeit.
- Photo or video evidence is required if you claim your opponent has broken any of the rules listed here. Failure to present evidence will result in the claim being rejected immediately.