Hi Current & Past Aloha United Soccer Club Families,
Today’s update is to provide an update on the Aloha United Soccer Club – Rec program offering for Fall 2020. As you are probably aware, Washington County has continued to operate in Phase 1 of the Oregon Reopening (https://govstatus.egov.com/reopening-oregon). As such, the youth sport activities that can be performed are extremely limited. Under the current guidance, only “camp style” activities with small groups and socially distancing enforced can be held. Additionally, the Tualatin Hills Parks & Recreation Department (THPRD) has limited capacity at their artificial turf facilities to allow such programs and Beaverton School District’s decision to delay in-school participation has further restricted our ability to access the fields we are accustomed to using. This has dramatically impacted our ability to safely and responsibly deliver our regularly scheduled programming and participate in the Tualatin Hills Junior Soccer League (THJSL).
Our ability to offer any fall program is limited to Washington County being able to progress to Phase 2 by Thursday September 3rd. If Washington County cannot achieve that milestone, then we won’t be able to offer a fall program and full refunds will be provided to all registered participants.
If Washington County can progress to Phase 2 by September 3rd, then we plan to offer the following program:
- 7 weeks of a weekday practice and Saturday activity (September 14 to October 31)
- 1 practice a week @ Water District Park from 6 – 7 PM
- Monday – Micros (Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st Grade): Capped at 60 kids
- Tuesday – Grade 2 & 3: Capped at 90 kids
- Wednesday – Grade 4 & 5: Capped at 90 kids
- Thursday – Grade 6, 7, 8 & High School: Capped at 90 kids
- 1 activity a week @ Water District Park on Saturday (details to come)
- No formal games, no league play in the THJSL
- Registered Coaches only will be allowed on the Water District Fields
- No Parents or Fans at practices or activities (drop off and pick-up procedures will be in place)
- Face coverings will be required during activities, as social distancing cannot be maintained or enforced during the practices and activities
- Further details on enhanced safety procedures will be provided in the next update
The cost for all age groups will be $50 (full price), $25 (1/2 scholarship) or $0 (full scholarship). Registration is still open at www.alohaunited.com. Full refunds will be issued if the season is cancelled because Washington County does not enter Phase 2. Partial refunds will be issued on a pro-rata basis if the season starts and is cancelled based on further restrictions issued by OYSA, Oregon Health Authority or any other governing body.
If you are no longer interested in participating in this modified offering, then please email our registrar @ email@example.com. A full refund will be issued. The Aloha United Competitive Soccer Club (AUCSC) is planning a 2020 Fall Program as well. If you are interested in getting details on that, then please check the Competitive section of the www.alohaunited.com website or contact the competitive president @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next update we provide will be when Washington County progresses to Phase 2 or on September 3rd, whichever comes sooner. If Washington County doesn’t progress to Phase 2 by September 3rd, then our September 3rd update will include details on refund processing for those currently registered.
Jeff Lang – AUSC Rec President on behalf of the AUSC Rec Board