Recreational Coronavirus Update — 8-18-2020

Dear AUSC Families,

On August 18th, 2020 the Tualatin Hills Junior Soccer League (THJSL) members voted to cancel the Fall 2020 season. The vote was unanimous and based primarily on the limitations on executing competitions for outdoor sports provided by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the fact that the inventory of fields that THJSL relies upon has been dramatically impacted by the inability to get access to local school district fields.

With this decision official, the Aloha United Soccer Club (AUSC) will continue with the plan that was introduced in an email on August 10th and posted to our website @ At this time, we will continue to monitor the situation and hope that Washington County can proceed to Phase 2 by September 3rd. Our plan to host intra-club activities for the fall remains dependent on Washington County entering Phase 2. Please continue to monitor our website and refer to the following link for the rec details:

The Aloha United Competitive Soccer Club (AUCSC) is still weighing their options for fall activities. At this time, they don’t plan to perform any “camp style” training activities in Phase 1. This decision is primarily based on the desire to prioritize the health and safety of the community during the pandemic. They are continuing to actively monitor the situation and provide updates via our social media outlets and website. Please continue to keep an eye out for those messages.

We are aware that other recreational and competitive clubs are offering youth development opportunities (U10 and under) or other limited activity fall programs during Phase 1. The AUSC Board has considered trying to offer similar programs. However, we have determined that meeting the OHA requirements and safely executing a program is not feasible at this time. If you are interested in learning more about the activities being held by other clubs or more about AUSC’s rationale, then please reach out to me directly and I will be happy to share what I know. I know many of you are eager to get your children back on the field as soon as possible.

If you are no longer interested in participating in this modified offering, then please email our registrar at A full refund will be issued. If we reach September 3rd without reaching Phase 2, then full refund will also be issued at that time.

Thank you and Stay Safe!

Jeff Lang – AUSC Rec President on behalf of the AUSC Board of Directors