AUSC – Spring 2021 Program – Return to Play
As we’ve clearly articulated in our AUSC Mission Statement, we seek to provide an equal opportunity for all soccer players to participate. After having to cancel the Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 Seasons because of the COVID-19 crisis, we are excited to announce that Spring 2021 Season will be played in compliance with OYSA and OHA’s guidelines. However, there will be some changes to our “normal” program to accommodate the COVID-19 restrictions that are currently in place by the State of Oregon.
AUSC Spring 2021 Program Details
Micros 1 & Micros 2 – For the Spring 2021 season we will host an in-house pre-K thru Grade 02 program for $65. This program will be run out of Winkelman Park and will allow kids to practice once a week on either Tuesday or Thursday from 5:30 to 6:30 PM and play games on Saturday afternoons. We hope to start on Tuesday March 30th and run through May 22nd (8 weeks).
- The Micros 1 program will be targeted at our pre-K & Kindergarten aged kids. The kids will play 3v3 to maximize touches and opportunities to play. “Teams” will be capped at 6 kids / team, but we will target 4-5 kids / team.
- The Micros 2 program will be targeted at our Grade 1 & Grade 2 aged kids. The kids will play 4v4 to maximize touches and start to introduce a bit more structure to the games. “Teams” will be capped at 8 kids / team, but we will target 6 kids / team.
- Registration will remain open until March 15, 2021. No action is needed for anyone that was previously registered for the Micros program and have paid $65. For the Grade 02 kids, a $65 charge will be added to your registration. Should you want to continue, simply pay the amount due by 3/15/2021. If you aren’t interested, then you can cancel your registration free of charge.
- If you have a Grade 02 child that is interested in playing at the Grade 03 level for the spring, then please reach out to me at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Grade 3 to 8 – For the Spring 2021 season we will participate in the league run by Westside Soccer Club per usual. The cost for Grade 3 to Grade 8 kids will be $95. This program will start after Spring Break and include 7 weeks of games. Actual start date is contingent on fields being available and ready for play.
- Grade 3 & 4 will play 7v7 with teams capped at 12 kids per team to meet the COVID-19 people per field restrictions.
- Grade 5 – 8 will play 9v9 with teams capped at 16 kids per team to meet the COVID-19 people per field restrictions.
- Registration will officially close on February 28, 2021 for Grade 3 – 8. For those already “pre-registered”, the $95 charge will be added to your account. Should you want to continue, simply pay the amount due. If you are not interested, then you can cancel your registration at no charge.