Our club’s youngest players are organized into teams within the club and play against other AUSC teams on Saturdays. This program focuses on introducing soccer and team sports to pre-school, kindergarten and first grade age children. We play 4v4 soccer into 6-ft wide pop-up nets. Each child is guaranteed at least 50% playing time on Saturdays and practice is never mandatory. Teams consist of 6-8 children per team. Boys and Girls are separated into different teams and divisions.
We run our training sessions as Academy Style practices where all teams are intermingled by age and kids work in groups of 6-10 players. We use this program to introduce our youngest players to soccer, to train our volunteer coaches, and introduce our new families to the vision and mission of the club.
Fall Micros Season –12 weeks total with one practice per week and 8 games (weather permitting). One practice each week is run Academy Style by our Micros Coordinator with the help of the coaches. The cost is $75 per child.
- Teams will practice 1x a week in the fall on Thursdays at Winkleman Park, beginning mid-August.
- Families will be able to choose between a 5-6pm or 6:30-7:30pm slot for practices – kids do not need to practice with their team – these practices are “academy” style and kids work in groups of 6-10 players, split by age. Drills and activities are the same.
- Games will start on Saturday, Sept 9th and will run consecutively over the following 7 weeks. All games will likely be at Sexton Mountain Elementary School. Times will be at 9, 10:30 or noon.
- There will be a Micros kick-off meeting via Zoom before the start of season to finalize all details.
- Cost includes uniform shirt. Players are required to wear shin guards. Soccer cleats are recommended but not required.
Spring Micros Season – similar to the above details for the fall season, but running about 7 weeks with one practice and one game per week (weather permitting). The season generally runs from the beginning of April through May.